Patient care team
Our highly skilled certified technicians are an integral part of the services that we provide. Our Patient Care Team has a wealth of knowledge amongst them. They provide the initial examinations for every patient, and they make it a priority to ensure that each pet has a pleasant experience at our facilities. They use positive reinforcement and gentle restraining techniques to minimize stress and anxiety for our patients. Our technicians get to know you and your pets as well as our doctors do.
Barbara S., CVT, Patient Care Team Manager
- Barbara graduated from Bel-rea Institute of veterinary technician training with an associate of applied science degree in June 2006. She has been employed at CPH since Sept. 2006 and a Team Lead since June 2011. Barbara resides in Thornton, CO with her husband, son and lots of furry friends, including dogs Domino and Bo, and cat Sassy. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends, as well as reading a good book.
Jennifer D., Patient Care Team Lead
- Jennifer began as a Veterinary Technician at CPH in June of 1999. Her professional interests include surgery and patient care. Jennifer lives in Thornton with her husband, their son and Woodrow the long haired Dachshund.
JK G., CVT
- Originally from Kansas, JK moved to Colorado and received a Zoology degree from CSU in 2005. She worked in Wildlife Rehabilitation and a vet hospital for over 4 years, then switched careers to perform research for a Biopharmaceutical Company. Her passion for veterinary medicine lead her back to college and graduated top of her class with Highest Honors at Bel-Rea Institute in 2013. She completed an internship at Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium in the vet hospital, then joined CPH July 2013. JK is also a part-time employee of the Denver Zoo for the last 8 years as an Instructor for an overnight program. She enjoys spending weekends in the mountains with her husband, son and daughter. She shares her home with an American Pit Bull Terrier, Bengal cat, Mojave Ball Python, 2 Guinea Pigs and a 55-gallon freshwater tank.
Mandie B., CVT,
- Mandie joined the CPH team in 2006 and graduated from Bel-Rea in 2007 with an Associate Degree in Applied Sciences. Her professional interests include hospital inventory management, as well as pet behavior and nutrition. Mandie currently resides in Thornton, CO with her husband, 2 beautiful daughters, a yellow lab called Nala and a large mixed breed dog named Beau.
Pamela J., CVT
- Pamela has been a Veterinary Technician with Community Pet since June of 1993. She earned her Associate’s Degree in Applied Science in Veterinary Technology from Colorado Mountain College in Glenwood Springs. Pamela hopes to become a specialist in dentistry. She has two domestic short hair cats, 14 year old Mickey, and 9 year old Mystro.
Eddy P, CVT
- Eddy lived in Laos and Thailand for 2 years. While living abroad, he kickboxed professionally for 1 year before attending Bel Rea in 2009. Eddy graduated in Septempber 2011 and has been working at CPH since. He lives in Thornton with his beautiful girlfriend and his dog Duke. Eddy’s interests include attempting various eating challenges and making everyone around him laugh. His goal is to become a great veterinary technician and learn everything he can from CPH’s doctors and technicians.
Irene S., CVT
Irene graduated from Bel-Rea in 2008 and began her tenure at CPH in 2009. She has been on our emergency team since 2013 and is our ER Team Lead. She is passionate about geriatric care and pain management. And she absolutely loves giving nail trims. Originally from Albuquerque, Irene and her husband enjoy attending professional sports games in their free time. At home Irene, her husband and 2 sons live with Dexter a mini-dachshund who thinks he’s a cat, and Spilly a DMH cat who thinks he’s a dog.
- Daniel joined the CPH team in 2003 and is an important part of our emergency care team. In his spare time Daniel enjoys spending time outdoors with his family.
- Laura joined CPH in it’s early days and enjoys all aspects of both client and patient care services. Her past background includes professional dog grooming and veterinary assistant, as well as raising 4 children, delighting in 2 grandchildren, and enjoying, Winnie, a long-haired dachshund. She feels that compassion and gentleness aid greatly in healing. Walking and reading help to keep her sane!
Michael C., CVT.
- Mike is a Colorado local who to spent 5 years on active duty in the United States Navy, and returned to Colorado in early 2012 to attend Bel-Rea and become a veterinary technician. Mike graduated from Bel-Rea in March of 2014 and started working at CPH after completing his internship here. Mike lives in Westminster with his 2 dogs, Winky and Jasmine and volunteers at a spay & neuter clinic for feral cats and continues to serve the US Navy as a reservist one weekend a month.
Brittany P., CVT.
- Brittany graduated from Colorado State University with a bachelors in Zoology and Biology in 2009. She volunteered and eventually worked as a Keeper at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs with a variety of animals (loved the giraffe herd the most). Brittany looked for a career change in 2011 and found Bel-Rea Institute of Animal Technology. She graduated at the top of her class with highest honors in 2013. Soon after graduation she began working at Community Pet Hospital as part of the Patient Care team. Brittany spends her free time with her Husband and their 2 fur babies Lindy and Laika!
Ashley B., CVT.
- Ashley joined the CPH Team in July of 2014 as a Certified Veterinary Technician. She is a 2009 graduate of Bel-Rea Institute with her A.A.S in Veterinary Technology. Ashley currently resides in Aurora Colorado and is accompanied by 3 Bernese Mountain Dogs and a Chihuahua, who always keep her on her toes. In her free time she enjoys spending time outdoors at the shooting range and perfecting her skills. their 2 fur babies Lindy and Laika!
Brit C., CVT.
- Brit joined the CPH team in July of 2016 as a Certified Veterinary Technician, she is a 2010 graduate of SUNY Delhi with her Associates in Veterinary Technology and has her Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice from Keuka College. She began her career practicing in New York for 5 years until she ventured to Colorado. Brit currently resides in Northglenn where she lives with her cat Kai, and her Golden Retriever Spencer who she rescued from the Golden Retriever Rescue of Colorado.
In her free time she enjoys playing on her softball team, cooking, and keeping active outdoors.