Northglenn Veterinary Clinic: A story of serving our community
Our story began in 1959 when Drs. Roy Carlson and Larry Smith began caring for our community’s families by caring for their pets. They opened Northglenn Veterinary Clinic and realized their dream of healing animals and helping their neighbors. This tradition has continued for more than five decades.
The story continued when Dr. Bill Stonehocker joined the practice in 1987 and Dr. Wade Smith came on board in 1990 as a newly graduated veterinarian. Over the next few years, as our founders transitioned to retirement, Drs. Stonehocker and Smith purchased the practice. In 1996, we began construction on our new building and moved the 12 blocks north to our current facility in November 1997.
With more than six times the space of our previous building, it was hard to believe that we would ever use it all. However, as the North Metro community grew, so did we and in 2007, we added Emergency Services and opened the practice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year! In honoring the tradition of Drs. Carlson and Smith, we continue to care for our neighbors by providing the only 24-hour general and emergency practice in North Metro Denver.
Our growth continued when we opened our first satellite practice, Community Pet Hospital – Firestone, in November 2008. Our third location, Community Pet Hospital – Riverdale, came shortly after in May 2009. These satellite practices allow us to offer the same quality medicine and care at our convenient neighborhood locations.
It has been our privilege to serve the families of the North Metro Denver community for more than 50 years. We appreciate your trust and plan to continue to traditions of founders by being the same “Caring People, Caring for Animals” they were for so many.